Thursday, May 12, 2011

Parenthood...

It is hard to describe what it feels like to become a parent! It is unbelievable! Mitch and I are still finding this awesome experience- somewhat surreal! The other night I was talking to Mitch and it completely dawned on me that we were parents! Don't misunderstand me, I didn't just figure that out ( I am not stupid--well, that is a topic for a whole other blog post),but when Robbie was born, I had accepted in theory that we were parents! I was his mother, Mitch was his father, but the word parent-- I think the reality of that word hit me the other night! I was saying to Mitch that Robbie was going to refer to us as his parents! Like he was going to say to his friends (most likely in an embarrassed tone) "These are my parents!" It is quite literally surreal!



So, how are we doing in this new role called parenthood? My poor little guy! As if life doesn't provide enough challenges--he has me for a mother! The other day I was changing his diaper and I was kind of struggling--I had one hand on him, so he wouldn't roll off the changing table and I had another hand on the wipes! In order to avoid utter calamity, my full attention was on the box trying to open it and extract a wipe, without sending the box and the baby flying! The next thing I know my little guy is crying like crazy! So I look over and his face is all wet and I am standing there confused, trying to figure out how his face got all wet--and that is when I realized... "Oh no!" My poor little man! He has me as a parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment